Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wild Pear (Salem, Oregon)

The place where ladies lunch (for ladies who lunch)

For those of you who have not been to the Wild Pear restaurant in downtown Salem - you are missing out!  It has a fun atmosphere and healthy delicious food.  Wild Pear has been a treat-spot for me for some time, a place I go when I want good food and a good visit with a friend (or my Mom!).

Their menu mentions what is gluten free, and our waitress was very helpful about what was possible.  For example, she volunteered that all though the sweet potato fries were themselves gluten-free, they were fried in the same fryer as other things (too bad, they looked really yummy!)


I didn't have a lot of time for lunch before my next work meeting, so I opted for the ginger-carrot soup and salad (the one soup one salad on the menu).  I have to admit, this Wild Pear soup is a favorite soup for me, a soup for all seasons, and it was perfect yet again - and gluten free too!!.  Next time I'll have to try their gluten free pizza.....

No comments:

Post a Comment