Sunday, September 16, 2012

Great lunch for everyone

A few weeks ago I caught up with a friend and decided to eat at Willamette's Goudy Commons.  It was SO GOOD.  Anyone can go there, you don't have to be a student.  In addition to wearing a backpack and pretending I was much younger and more hip - the food was great and I can't wait to go back.

But Goudy isn't your alma-mater's cafeteria (ok maybe is it if you went to Willamette University).  I felt more like I was at a high end resturant with self-service.  All of the items are labeled to help you make food choices that work for you like "no gluten ingredients" or "vegetarian" or "vegan" or "farm to fork".  On any given day there is a station with tacos etc (and OMG are they good), a grill station, sandwich station, pb&j station, soup, salad bar, and the list goes on.  They even have a dessert station that typically has GF items.


This day we made a bad call on when to arrive and the place was packed with students (had we waited 15 minutes it would have cleared out).  So I opted for the salad bar with GF pear vinaigrette and GF tomato-basil soup all for around $6.50.  They accept a school account, cash, and credit.

My one recommendation would be to check when school is in session, as I did make the disappointing discovery one day over the summer when I arrived only to find it closed.

What is your favorite thing to get at Goudy?

No comments:

Post a Comment